Mayfair Art Weekend (29 June – 1 July 2018), in partnership with the Royal Academy of Arts, offers an extensive programme of exhibitions, events, talks and tours across Mayfair & St James’s.
Mayfair Art Weekend celebrates the diverse offering of this historic cultural district, internationally renowned as a vibrant hub of creativity and craftsmanship, where the worlds of art, fashion and luxury converge.
Annely Juda Fine Art, Browse & Darby, Brun Fine Art, Cardi Gallery, Christie’s, David Zwirner, Gagosian, Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, Gazelli Art House, Hauser & Wirth, Herrick Gallery with Art Below, Hignell Gallery, John Martin Gallery, Kamel mennour, Levy Gorvy, Maddox Gallery, Mall Galleries, Massimo de Carlo, Mazzoleni, Messums, Mimosa House, Olivier Malingue, Partners & Mucciaccia, Peter Harrington Books, Pippy Houldsworth, Richard Saltoun, Robilant + Voena, Royal Academy of Arts, Senesi Contemporanea, Skarstedt, Sophia Contemporary Gallery, Stair Sainty Gallery, Stephen Friedman Gallery, Stern Pissarro Gallery, Stoppenbach & Delestre, The Cynthia Corbett Gallery, The Fine Art Society, The Mayor Gallery, The Redfern Gallery, The Royal Overseas League, Victoria Miro, Whitford Fine Art
Key details of the weekend:
- Over 40 of Mayfair & St James’s galleries, auction and fashion houses will stage a rich array of exhibitions, tours, panel discussions and installations.
- Join the Long Artists’ Lunch (Sunday 1 July, 12-5pm) in Burlington Gardens, Royal Academy of Arts, hosted by acclaimed British artist and Royal Academician Bob & Roberta Smith.
- A major installation will see the central Victorian gallery of Mayfair’s famous shopping gallery, Burlington Arcade, transformed with 2000 paper flowers, by French designer Mathilde Nivet.
- The weekend will kick off with the Gallery HOP! (Friday 29 June, 6-8pm) – with late openings and Sipsmith Gin cocktails.
- Creative partner Max Mara will host a talk with Whitechapel Gallery director, Iwona Blazwick on the history of the Max Mara Art Prize for Women.
- As part of its 250th-anniversary celebrations, the Royal Academy of Arts will hold a free arts festival.
The Royal Academy Annenberg Courtyard will once again act as a hub on Saturday and Sunday, providing a space for public talks, workshops, food and entertainment, with tours departing regularly, visiting galleries across the district.
|Duration||29 June 2018 - 01 July 2018|
|Times||see website for details|
|Venue||various venues around Mayfair|
|Contact||/ firstname.lastname@example.org / https://www.mayfairartweekend.com/|